I have started a new routine for grocery/misc. shopping. I am now going to Wal-mart after I get the baby girl to bed which is around 8 or 9 pm. Thanks to Barb for giving me this idea. I have found that there is way less stress and it gives me some me time. The girl hates her car seat and isn't quite old enough to sit in the cart so I was rushing through the store with a crying baby and would forget a lot of stuff. The only way she was happy was if I wore her in the ergo baby carrier, which I really don't mind makes life a lot easier but I still would rush and forget a few things. This way I can just stroll through the store and I know that she is perfectly happy sleeping in her bed at home with her daddy watching out for her. Once she gets a little older I will probably start shopping during the day again.
Making these late night runs to Wal-mart almost makes me feel like a teenager again. It's so funny to see all the teens hanging out in Wal-mart parking lot, even though my town is growing into a small city it really does still have that hometown feel...hope it stays that way.
2 comments:
LOL
I never could do the shopping at night. I usually go to bed after the baby does! LOL
I sometimes wait until the weekend to go shopping. It's harder taking 2 kids now!
Glad you are finally gettting out alone sometimes! It only takes a few minutes every couple of days to feel totally refreshed! Also, a tip for shopping, feed her feed her feed her!! I used to think parents who let their kids eat in stores were rude but sometimes that is the only way to get through!! WHen I shop with the girls, I go straight back to the snack or cracker aisle and get a snack for the girls to share while I shop. usually it is just animal crackers or goldfich but something about eating it before it is paid for makes it taste better to the girls!! :-) And, Yes, we do eventually pay for it!!!
As for feeling like a teen, the biggest difference is that, unlike then, you cannot stay out late and then sleep in until you are ready to get up. THat is the biggest downfall. WHen I shop alone at night, i feel so refreshed that I have a hard time sleeping and morning always seems to come earlier!!! :-)
Post a Comment