Tuesday, May 01, 2007

First Father's Day, Birthday, and Anniversary Gift Question

Okay so I know that Father's day is a little ways off but I am trying to figure out what to get my hubby for his first Father's day and figured I would ask for some suggestions. Please feel free to let me know what you think would be a great first Father's day gift. The past two Father's days were pretty difficult as we lost our first in June right after his birthday and before Father's day and our anniversary so I really want this to be a special day/month for him. Although if I am not mistaken his gift for Father's day last year was finding out that we were going to have our little girl, made the day much easier to handle. So June is a full month for gifts, hubby's birthday, Fathers day, and our anniversary are this month....I would appreciate ideas for all three as I am not good at this type of thing.

Can't wait to hear all of you exciting and wonderful ideas.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm not very good at that type of thing either. I tend to be more practical. Like clothes or something he needs for birthday. For Father's day maybe a framed picture of daughter and father. And we don't do anniversary gifts so I'm not sure!! LOL Sorry I'm not much help.

Anonymous said...

Heres a couple of ideas I have. First, for Fathers day, focus on Steve the father, for his birthday, Steve the man and for the anniversary, Steve the, for lack of a better word, "lover". For fathers day you have to do something homemade from Kaylin!! Buy some finger paints, put Kaylin in the bathtub with only a diaper on and let her roll around or roll over or move however she can in the tub with the paint then frame it for Steve. WE did that with Joey. OR, buy a kit that lets you make a model of her hand. WE did that with Joey and they turned out cute!! For his birthday, get him something for him as a man that he would like. I dont know what that would be except think about what Steve would enjoy doing by himself or soemthing he doesnt get much time to do now that he is a dad. and get him something to go with that theme and then give him a day all by himself to do it, if he chooses. For your anniversary, rekindle what may be lost with the newborn. Get something for you that he may like to see you in or get something for him that you may like to see him in. Or, do something sensual for him, dont have to spend money. Promise him 10-15 minutes for a foot massage or alone time with just the two of you or play strip poker with him or somthign SENSUAL you have not done lately because of your new lives. Hope these ideas help! Barbara