Thursday, May 31, 2007

Baby girls sleep

As you saw in my last post, my baby girl isn't going to bed until about 9pm each night. She used to be in bed by 7:30pm not sure what happened to change her routine but I would really like her to start going to bed a little earlier. I guess I really shouldn't complain though as she is pretty much sleeping through the night. She has gotten up a couple of times this week but not until 3 or 4 in the morning and that's just long enough for her to eat and go back to sleep. I start her bedtime routine at 7:00 in hopes that she will be in bed by 8pm but she just won't have that, maybe I need to start the routine at 6:30...it's just hard to do that as my hubby doesn't get home until 6 and wants to sit with her for a while. I can't deny him or her that either it's really his only time with her during the week. She hasn't really been napping as well either. She will take an hour maybe two hour nap in the morning and then will only nap for maybe an hour that afternoon and then wants to take another hour nap at around 4 or 5 (one reason I think she is going to bed later). I try really hard to play with her and wear her out for her afternoon nap in hopes that she will sleep longer but that doesn't work, she just gets over stimulated and screams for a half hour before going to sleep and then is back up in an hour anyhow. Any suggestions from you moms that have BTDT would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I just need to figure that this is how she is and go with it, it really doesn't bother me I just think it would be better for her. I really shouldn't expect her to want to go to sleep early when her parents are night owls I guess.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

As they get older their sleep cycles change. Especially right around 4 months is when they really start establishing a routine. They also need a tad bit less sleep. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Anonymous said...

I am going to email you about this one~~ B