Friday, January 26, 2007

36 week appointment, things are starting to happen!

Well I had my 36 week appointment and to my shock and dismay I am dialated 1cm and 60% effaced. I expected to have some dialation but really didn't think there would be much if any effacement. Of course since this is my first I could stay at this stage until my due date or could go into labor before. I am thinking that I won't make it to the 23 of February though and neither dose my DH. He was just telling me yesterday that he thought it would be sooner as I have changed emotionally over the last week and that you can definitely tell that our little girl has dropped.

This is so exciting and scary at the same time. I am so anxious to hold our little girl but at the same time I love being pregnant (minus not being able to move that well) ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! IF worse comes to worse, your daughter would be fine if born now. Abby was 36 weeks and only spent 11 days in NICU (mostly, we think, because of the meds I was on) and is not fine, doing everything ahead of schedule. Hope that calms you some. Also, I know what you mean about being pregnant. TOny was afraid when i was pg with Jo because of how attached I was to having her all to myself all the time. I have to admit, it was hard to share for a while, too. I am soooo happy for you! Keep us posted OFTEN!!! I will say extra prayers for you all between now and then. DOnt be scared. Every second of labor and delivery is SooooOO worth it!! Just wait until you have a little bundle to hold in your arms. SHe will make the world seem right!!!

Brenda said...

Congrats! though you never know. Just because you are 1 cm doesn't necessarily mean you will go early either. One of my good friends just had her baby a few days ago....6 days overdue!! and she was 5 cm for the last 2 weeks!! LOL
So you just never know. You could be stuck at that for a while.
But it's great to know you are making progress already!! It's very exciting isn't it? She will be here before you know it!