Saturday the little girl and I decided to run a few errands. Really she was just cranky from being in the house for so long (as we were all sick) and needed to get out (okay, enough of my detouring, let's get to the point of this blog :-) ). It was a wonderfully beautiful day so we decided to go to Babies R Us and then to get her first haircut.
I left the house taking Hwy 40E to get to Babies R Us (I needed to pick up some pictures of the little girl from Kiddie Kandids, oops I detoured again). I discovered on my way that 40W was closed at the Missouri River for bridge work, this was just wonderful as I needed to take 40W to go to her hair appt, and there are no good/short ways of detouring around this. Knowing that I would have to take 270N to 70W to get to where I needed to go we didn't stay at Babies R Us all that long. Okay so now I am back in the truck driving to 270, we get to 270 with no problems pass Paige and bam traffic stops completely. I am thinking to myself it's a Saturday what the heck is going on. Luckily my hubby works in the area so I knew how to get back to Paige to detour around the shutdown so I jumped off on Dorsett (as that lane was actually moving a little bit) and headed to Paige. We are now on Paige traveling at a good clip when yep, you guessed it, traffic stops dead. I mean come on, this is ridiculous. Once again luckily I know the area so I figure I will just take the side streets to bypass all the mess. I make it on to the side streets and am just getting to a stop light when once again everything just stops (for some reason the light just didn't want to turn) so I once again turn onto another street (Jungerman, it goes to the same place I am wanting to go anyhow). Once again we are moving great when what happens(can you guess, yup you got it) there's evidently an accident cuz the darn road is shut down! At this point I don't know of any other detours so I just follow the other cars figuring that they hopefully know where they are going. Luckily they did and I ended up on Willott ( a road that I know, thankfully) and was able to hit Mid Rivers Mall Drive to take to Mexico so that I could get to my baby's hair appt. Oh I didn't mention that we left the house at 12:30pm, left Babies R Us at around 1:20pm and didn't get to our final destination until 2:43pm. A trip that should have taken me about 30 minutes ended up taking a little over an hour :-)
At one point I actually laid my head on the steering wheel and just chuckled as I couldn't believe my luck, I mean really how many detours should one person have to tak for one little trip.
2 comments:
Wow! What a trip. Glad you at least made it!
Hullo!!!! Waiting for another update!!!!!
Post a Comment